Boys Water Polo on the Road to Victory

Julia Denny, Staff Writer

Although summer has ended, you can still stay cool by the pool.

Come out to watch and support your very own Cleveland Charter High School Boys water polo team! The team consists of twenty-eight boys from grades nine to twelve. Boys Water polo season begins in August and ends in mid October.

The boys on the team practice every week day after school. Practice begins at three o’clock and ends at four thirty in the afternoon. During practice the boys warm up by swimming for a while and then they move on to doing drills with one another in the pool.  

According to Giacomo Pellegrini, “It’s a very positive environment and I love being with my peers. Water polo is about working as a team and growing together. Overall, it’s a very good experience”. Giacomo is a junior who has been apart of the team for three years. Even though the sport itself demands effort and a large time commitment, it is worth it in the end due to the memories made within the team.

Working together and trusting one another is crucial in this sport for without it the team wouldn’t be able to prosper as it has before. Under Coach Sean Sniderman’s guidance the team is strong and ready to go up against any competitors.

This season is looking up for the water polo boys. “Everyone is super excited for our first game, it’s going to be a good season” says last years team captain Jack Anderson.

In the season there are about twenty-five games. Cleveland’s water polo team is ready for action, and they will be going against fifteen different schools from all over.

Come on out to the pool to watch and cheer on the team at their games. Show your school spirit and support your Boys water polo team!

About the Writer