Cleveland to Lend Football Field to Birmingham

Brandon Gutierrez, Staff Writer

To help a fellow West Valley League school, Grover Cleveland High School will be lending their football field. They will be lending the field to Birmingham Community Charter High School.

The reason the school is lending the field is because Birmingham is currently refurbishing their football field. Most of Birmingham’s games are on the road but they still have three home games. This is where Cleveland steps into the equation.

According to Athletic Director Greg Venger, the school will be lending the field for the three home games on Birmingham’s schedule. The dates for the games are for September 14th, October 5th, and October 26th.

“ We are happy to help another West Valley League team, they would do the same for us,” Greg Venger said. “The six West Valley league teams are all very tight, so we all  want to work together to help each other out.”

Birmingham’s games at The Land will have no effect on the football team’s schedule. All home games scheduled for the Cavs will still be played on the scheduled day.

The Cavs do not have a game scheduled for September 14th.  On October 5th, the football team will play at Chatsworth. October 26th is another road game at El Camino Real.

The fourth time Birmingham will come to Cleveland, is when they come as the road team. The Cavs will play Birmingham on October 12th.

Cleveland is lending the football team for nothing in return, help the Land build a reputation of showing support for other schools within the community. This will enable Cleveland to build good relationships with other schools and set an example for its students, inspiring people to give a hand to others around the community.