A Quiet Place Review

Paramount

Paramount

Allan Sanchez, Staff Writer

From someone who doesn’t watch horror films often, A Quiet Place is a well-made movie directed by John Krasinski, who has outdone himself with his first ever horror film. Receiving a 95% by critics and an 83% from the audience, on Rotten Tomatoes, A Quiet Place does a good job keeping you on the edge of your seat. With that being said, the film deserves a well-earned 4.5/5.

The reason this film was given the title of “one of the scariest films of the year,” is because it uses the concept of suspense very well. The idea behind the film, making it somewhat of a silent film, makes it more difficult to be prepared for the “scary” moments. This film didn’t have many jumpscares, like most horror films do, which made it seem more of a suspenseful film rather than a horror film.

Therefore, this film isn’t scary the way most films are. Krasinski uses a psychological effect to make the film seem more scary because it isn’t like most horror films. In most horror films, there are many sounds or the score of the film that allows the audience to anticipate when the scary moment of a film will occur. Due to the use of no sound, it makes it more difficult to get ready for the scare.

The acting in this film was outstanding! Coming from The Office to a horror film, John Krasinski did a great job in this film, even though it was different than usual. Emily Blunt was also great in this film, I felt that she made the film more realistic. But the actors who played the kids were the ones who impressed me the most. They did an excellent job making everything very real.

Overall, this film was great because it was unique in its genre and was greatly done. The messages of the film is clear: Nothing is more important than family and your voice is very powerful. Ultimately, I can’t wait to see what’s next when the sequel arrives!