Netflix Content on To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before

Alana Dupre, Staff Writer

87 million subscribers across 190 plus countries, that is how global Netflix has become in the past ten years that they started streaming. Netflix is now taking a huge leap into original film content, and bringing the public new shows that you love such as 13 Reasons Why, Stranger Things, On My Block, and more. So far Netflix has been fearless in shaking up the norms of movies and television as we know it with shows that spark conversations of things we otherwise consider to be taboo topics such as race, class, gender, and even grappling teen issues of peer pressure and conforming to societal norms ranging from beauty to what makes someone an individual.

Recently Netflix has dedicated around 8 billion to just original content and they have done a beautiful job so far opening up jobs for a wide, diverse variety of actors and filmmakers. The Netflix studio has served as a platform and powerhouse for other studios reach out of their comfort zones and create iconic important content.

On August 17th Netflix released one of the most epic teen romances of this decade, To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han, is a coming of age story about a teenage girl who locks her heart away in love letter form, she writes 5 love letters to the 5 boys she has loved in her lifetime   but the catch is she doesn’t ever send them out, she stuffs them away in her hatbox until her little sister Kitty forces her to stop locking her heart away by sending all 5 love letters out! And the lead that absolutely dominates this role in the film is none other than the beautiful Lana Condor an Asian American actress who has taken rom-coms by a storm!!

Talk about sparking up the conversation of creating a more racially diverse Hollywood! If you’ve been living under a rock lately and haven’t seen this spectacular movie, do yourself a favor and go watch it! Only on Netflix!

Are The Books Truly Better than the movies? We took a survey to find out!  

What often comes up in a discussion is when a book is turned into a movie? Is it perhaps the infamous question of how does the movie measure up to the book? Do you ever contemplate on whether they are actually telling the truth or just nerding out over a book? Well not to worry because the Le Sabre and your fellow Cavs are here to answer that question for you.

We took a survey from your fellow Cavaliers who have both read and watched the movies to give insight on whether this myth is actually fact! The obvious movie that is called into question is no other than the infamous Harry Potter series!

After much debate and conversation from both students like Julissa Gutierrez, a member of your 2019 graduating class says, “Only if you have read the books would you be able to catch the slight differences between the movie and the book, so definitely read the books” similarly to what Julissa said faculty member Ms. Peroff, 10th Grade 00

Core Teacher states so eloquently that “Although the movies capture the spirit of the books well, the books give way more detail”.

You’ve heard it first, whether if in fact the movies do the books justice, our answer was conclusive for all. In other words if you are wondering whether your friend is completely nerding out about how the books are “so much better than the movie” they most likely are.