Are Books Truly Better Than Movies?

Alana Dupre, Staff Writer

What often comes up in a discussion is when a book is turned into a movie? Is it perhaps the infamous question of how does the movie measure up to the book? Do you ever contemplate on whether they are actually telling the truth or just nerding out over a book? Well not to worry because the Le Sabre and your fellow Cavs are here to answer that question for you.

Although the movies capture the spirit of the books well, the books give way more detail”

— Jessica Peroff

We took a survey from your fellow Cavaliers who have both read and watched the movies to give insight on whether this myth is actually fact! The obvious movie that is called into question is no other than the infamous Harry Potter series!

After much debate and conversation from both students like Julissa Gutierrez, a member of your 2019 graduating class says, “Only if you have read the books would you be able to catch the slight differences between the movie and the book, so definitely read the books” similarly to what Julissa said faculty member Jessica Peroff, 10th Grade Core Teacher states so eloquently that “Although the movies capture the spirit of the books well, the books give way more detail”.

You’ve heard it first, whether if in fact the movies do the books justice, our answer was conclusive for all. In other words if you are wondering whether your friend is completely nerding out about how the books are “so much better than the movie” they most likely are.