Welcome Class of 2022!

Warren Aguiling, Staff Writer

Welcome Freshman! Everyone remembers their first day at school and how nervous and anxious they were. Cleveland seemed like a place full of new things; new people, a new place, and a new vibe.

Cleveland hosts a variety of welcoming events for new freshmen ranging from the Freshman Orientation all the way to the Freshman and Senior Buddy System. Events like Join a Club day and other activities also help fabricate Freshman into the growing Cleveland Community.

Coming into High School was tough for many people, so let’s understand how the Freshman are doing so far. Kylie Brannon, a 9th grader from CORE, said “It’s been interesting so far. It’s been completely different from middle school because there’s a lot more kids.”

The vast population of Cleveland seems to get lost as you get accustomed to it, as middle schools usually have a population around half of Cleveland’s

The general consensus is that Cleveland has been a welcoming environment to these new Freshman. As put by Sebastian Reyes Meza, a 9th grader from SAS, “I can get around the school pretty fast now, so far it’s been pretty good.”

These 9th graders still have a lot to learn about the school and how they can get involved, but as the school year progresses they will have more and more opportunities to do so.

These Freshmen have four more years to learn and grow in their new schools. The Land has welcomed them well and will continue for the future, as more and more people are seeking an education from Cleveland. Continue to support and help the Freshman, especially those Seniors who are about to graduate.