What is your Favorite Social Media App?

Julia Denny, Staff Writer

Grover Cleveland High School has spoken!  Polls have shown that a high majority of students prefer Instagram, over any other social media medium. When given the choice between Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, and Facebook fifteen of the kids chose the picture based app.

Out of the options, most kids chose either Instagram or Snapchat. It was an incredibly close race, however instagram came out on top with a total of fifteen kids voting for it. Snapchat came in a close second, only one vote behind.

Twitter followed closely behind with eight kids voting that this was their favorite social media app. Sadly but not surprisingly, Facebook received zero votes. When I asked Frankie Nelson why she did not enjoy using Facebook she said, “It is not that i dislike using Facebook but almost none of my fellow classmates have an account. It is much easier in this generation to connect with others through Instagram.”

I asked multiple kids why they chose Instagram as their top pick and they all answered very similarly. “I love Instagram because it is easy to find and talk to my friends” says Anna Moya. According to Victoria Groberman, “When I use Instagram I am connected with many more people that I am friends with, whereas Facebook I use to talk to family.”

Communicating with others is essential for humans. We constantly need to be talking to people in order to not feel lonely or bored. As talked about on the website hopespeak.com, communication is incredibly important for it is how we as people express our emotions, feelings and ideas on varying topics.

Social Media provides a platform for people to share updates on what is happening in their lives, along with whatever they are doing at that moment. Moreover, Instagram is the go to app for most high school students and they would chose it over many other apps.  

About the Writer