Street Parking During Construction

Andrew Villegas, Backpage Editor

The majority of us, Cavaliers, have noticed that the school is undergoing a major renovation,as thiswas mentioned in our September issue.  With that being said, there will be some parking restrictions.

On September 17th through the 21st, student were not allowed to park on Vanalden due to the delivery and set up of six modular classrooms. These six modular classrooms will be placed on the basketball courts and by the looks of it, some on the softball field.  

Now because there will be construction, there may be periods of noise, construction vehicles entering and exiting around campus, specifically around the pool gate.  Finally, Vanalden will be closed from 5 am to 8 am.

There are signs already stating not to park, so be sure to look for signs indicating where you can and not park.  With that being said, students with wheels have to park somewhere else and walk.

As one who does not have a car but does drive; this is not exciting at all.  You have a car so you can park close and not have to walk as much, but with the construction going on, you will now have to possibly get there earlier to find parking and walk to school.

Not to mention that this construction is behind schedule, so in theory, these bungalows should have been installed over the summer.  However, that was not the case.