Student Perspective on Strike

Allan Sanchez, Staff Writer

Strike Notes Day 1 – Allan’s Notes

• At 7:57 AM, all students are to report to their designated areas. Those who are to report to G-Hall ( Juniors and Seniors) are given a piece of paper with instructions and available courses online to do.
  • Adults/administration who are supervising the rooms are not enforcing the students to do any work, as they are not doing anything but being present in the room.
  • 8:18 AM – Computers have still not been issued or passed out and administration continues to tell students to do online courses.
  • At 8:24 AM, the computers have been passed out and anything that was not “educational” such as a chess board, were to be put away at once.
  • At 8:38 AM, Administration said that students are not allowed to roam the halls but the administration is not enforcing this. Students are wondering around, walking through the halls with no one approaching them.
  • At around 9:30 AM, there was no more space or rooms in G Hall, causing Administration to open up D Hall for students who were on the picket line in support of the teachers.
  • At 10:35, in the MPR, “If standing and you’re a senior, go to the Gym.” – Administration at the MPR
  • In MPR, Administration shows educational videos through the entirety of the two hours.
  • Once again there are no more seats nor any room for students, as they were to report to the Gym.
  • At Lunch time (12:30 PM), students are allowed to eat in the MPR due to the poor weather conditions outside.
  • At 1:00 PM, Seniors were to report to G Hall once again, but were allowed to go to the Gym, if they already went to G-Hall. Students in G-Hall were to take the same online courses, or do something that students were already assigned.
  • By this time, Administration no longer enforces students to do any of the courses online.